School Smoke Startles Voters at Voting Center

A Baltimore fire department received a call from startled residents Tuesday afternoon as smoke began to rise from one of the voting centers on the West side of Baltimore City.

Fire Station 8 responded to the call in West Baltimore from a neighbor who could see smoke from her window coming from the top of Harlem Park Middle School. The fire station then sent out representatives to discover what the problem was.

Lieutenant Saylor from Fire Station 8 says that custodians turned on the schools furnace, which is what caused so much smoke to come from the top of the school.

Baltimore Police accompanied the scene and blocked off the section of the affected building.

There was no damage done to the school, and so the voting center was still active for voters to turn in their ballots.

#Politics

Featured Posts
Recent Posts